New Customers & Forms
New Customer Information
Welcome to the Federal Investment Program. Here you'll find resources to familiarize yourself with the program and begin investing. The steps you can expect in the approval process are:
- The Secretary requires legal authority, either from a statute or a treaty, to invest government moneys held in a government account.
- OMB representative is contacted by your agency to obtain approval.
- Obtain approval to invest from the U.S. Treasury. This includes Treasury Counsel issuing a legal memo documenting the review of your Fund's legislative investment authority.
- Once approval and account (s) are set up with OMB and FMS are completed, you can process your first investment through FedInvest.
While You Await Approval
- Contact the Financial Management Service (FMS) at 202-874-9950 to set up an
Account Fund Symbol (AFS) with the U.S. Treasury. Include the following:
a. A statement indicating that OMB has approved the account(s).
b. The type of fund.
c. The proposed account title.
d. The statutory authority
e. The agency and bureau needing the account.
- Contact the Budget Reports Division of Financial Management Service (FMS) 202-874-9870 to establish the investment subclasses for the Fund. The Investment Subclasses needing set up for the account(s) are (88), (98), (75), and (76) or .2, depending upon the type of fund being set up. Obtain confirmation when this is complete.
- Contact Federal Investments Branch (FIB) to get account set up in the FedInvest System and submit the following Forms:
|Form||Format||Size||Required for each new...|
|Bureau of the Public Debt FedInvest Logon ID Request General Information Form||8KB||User|
|Instructions for Completing FedInvest LogonID Request General Information Form||8KB||User|
If you have any questions, you may contact The Federal Investments Branch at (304) 480-5151 and select option 3 or e-mail email@example.com.
Note: To read or print a PDF document, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader (v5.0 or higher) software installed on your computer. You can download the Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe Website.
If you need help downloading...